"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf -

Welcome

Hello and welcome to Yearning to Create.  That is truly how I feel - I yearn to create things.  Unfortunately, I don't have time to be creating all the time like I would like to be.  It seems like my family does like to eat and have clean clothes, and they like me to watch their sports, dances, concerts . . . and we're building a house right now . . . so time is my biggest problem.  Whenever I feel myself getting yowly with my family, I know it's time for me to get my "fix" by creating something.  Oh, and I really don't like to cook, so creating anything in the kitchen doesn't count!!!

Let me just show you my greatest creation - my family!!!  Our seven daughters range in age from 18 months to 18 years.  Before I know it I might have to start posting wedding creations!!!  I'm already wracking my brains on that one - what can we make or buy that we can use for all seven weddings?  But I got distracted - here's another view of my family . . .

That's me and my guy in the middle.

My other problem right now besides time is simply the fact that we are building a house and living in a temporary location.  So, most of my crafting stuff is packed.  I have to focus more right now on design, paint colours and interior decorating - and that's fun too, but a little scary!!!  

Wanna see our house?

Okay, it's not our house!  But we are laying exactly where our house is now being built.  This was taken two weeks before we broke ground, back in October 2010.

Now this is our house - our biggest creation right now!!!  This is how it looked in December.  And a cold winter hasn't allowed my guy to do much more work on it.  He's pretty talented eh?  The part of the house you see at the right edge is a detached garage/work shop/craft creating area.  Oh what fun it will be to have all the power tools easily accessible in one place again!!!  So my blog might be a little slow for awhile, with various spurts of creativity.  If I post something then you know I've been yowly (is that even a real word?  Yowl means to howl or wail.)

Anyway, I hope you find something (eventually) that might inspire you to create!  Oh and I was thinking of spelling "create" as "cre8" because there are 8 girls in our house, but I'm too traditional - I like real spelling!!!  I guess I'm not that cre8ive after all!!! LOL 



No comments:

Post a Comment