"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf -

Really? End of the Month Already?

I can't believe it's the end of the month already and I haven't gotten my Visiting Teaching done!  Where did the month go?
My companion is unavailable now, so I decided to just do some pop by visits by myself.  I whipped up some little loaves of banana bread today and took about five minutes to make them look cheery and springy.  One lady was out but her husband was very glad to receive it, one wasn't home so I left it between her doors, and the other one and I had a nice visit at the door.  Guess I'll be making a few phone calls tomorrow!

Banana walnut chocolate chip - yum! 
By the way, while I was making these I had three different daughters ask me if they were for us or if I was giving them away!  I guess they've learned that if mom's baking, it's usually for someone else!  Good news girls - we get to keep the two big ones and I'm only giving away the little ones.
I've recently learned that cooking loaves in foil pans seems to make them cook much more evenly - not to mention it's so much easier to get them out of the pan!  (If they're stuck, rip the pan!)

When I stamp I always do extras.  So the white tags (Close To My Heart) were already stamped - I just had to cut them out and add a springy tulip (a Stampin' Up stamp) and background paper.  It seriously only took a couple minutes.  Then I wrote a little message on the back and tied it on, and there we have it.  Hope it tastes as good as it looks!

Now I'll just look forward to a visit tomorrow with my Visiting Teachers! 
(Seems like May went by quickly for everyone!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment